It’s no secret that cheesecake used to be one of my all time naughty “go-to” treats!
It is also no secret to Jules Galloway, that when I come to visit her to work on our newest collaboration (click HERE to find out more), I always have my eyes peeled for one of her homemade raw desserts that may lurking around the kitchen…
So naturally when Jules gave me the green light to share one of my favourite recipes from her incredible Ebook, DESSERTS – Raw & Simple, I jumped on it.
Jules is a specialist when it comes to gluten, dairy and sugar free living so of course, her sensational blueberry cheesecake meets all of these needs. It is also raw and completely paleo friendly.
Paleo Friendly Blueberry Cheesecake
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup desiccated coconut
12 dried apricots
a little extra coconut oil for greasing the tin
250g raw cashews
1/2 cup virgin coconut oil (liquid)
2 cups fresh blueberries
1/3 cup coconut nectar
1. Pop your almonds, desiccated coconut and dried apricots into your food processor and process until the mixture becomes slightly sticky.
2. Press into the base of a 25cm springform tin which has been lightly greased with coconut oil.
3. Next, put your cashews, blueberries and coconut nectar into your blender and blend on a low to medium speed until smooth.
4. Add the coconut oil and blend on a medium speed until smooth and silky.
5. Pour into your tin and freeze for 2 hours or until set.
6. Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving.
To get a copy of DESSERTS – Raw & Simple click HERE
Jules Galloway is a naturopath, freelance writer, raw food artist and beginner surfer, living just 10 minutes from Byron Bay, Australia. It’s her mission to take the fear and boredom out of gluten, dairy and sugar free living, to bust through old nutrition myths and teach a fresh approach to choosing the right foods. When she’s not in the kitchen experimenting with raw desserts, she can be found riding 1-2 foot waves or attempting to turn herself upside down in yoga class. Check out her yummy recipes here or follow her on Facebook.
Happy (guilt free) dessert making,