This comes from a note I wrote to myself whilst on the plane not so long ago, as a set of reminders to myself of what is important, what brings me happiness, peace and health.
* Don’t be so hard on yourself!
* The goal is to look radiant & healthy, not to be skinny.
* Always make the effort to eat organic meat, dairy, veggies and coffee
* Important: know how to squat, activate your deep core muscles & deadlift correctly.
* Keep technology/Facebook etc to a minimum for healthy hormones (lowered cortisol)
* Eye-masks make for a better sleep!
* Stress does not equal success, or get you any closer to where you need to be!!
* Drink filtered water only, from glass bottles + avoid plastic – for the planet & your health.
* The internet promotes a sense of missing out, be disciplined with how you use it.
* You are not your job! Make room for fun, there is always time.
* Walk outdoors without your headphones to clear your head.
* Don’t forget how much happiness barefoot beach walks bring you!
* Meditate – there is always time, just 10 minutes a day!
* You are the average of the five people you spend the most of your time with – Tim Ferriss
* What am I not willing to feel? Facing fear & allowing vulnerability = growth.
* Choose your words wisely, your language determines your experience.
* Nature loves rhythms, our bodies enjoy routine – rise & rest at the same time each day.
* Read fiction books to unwind and relax before bed.
* Know your body, your deficiencies & digestive state. Your gut health is numero uno!
* Make more time for friends
* What am I feeling that’s limiting me?
* Dandelion is a better alternative for your liver (when you’re stressed) then coffee.
* Stop rushing through life!!
* Never hit snooze, it’s the quickest way to feeling crappy.
* Always make your bed, the small attention to detail is what makes you great!
* Cooking your own food is the best way to stay chemical/preservative free!
* Swim in the ocean every day – it clears your head.
* Don’t look at Instagram whilst driving!
* Spend more time naked to learn to be comfortable, and accept your body exactly how it is.
* You always make wiser choices when you sleep on it!
* Listen to a podcast + a TED talk every week to stimulate your brain to learn more.
* Verbalize your fears so they don’t hold so much weight on your mind…
* Plan your days and use lists for prioritizing the tasks you need to get done
* Giving is the antidote to not having enough! Always be generous.
* Think how you wish to make others feel, rather then worrying over what others think of you!
* Never miss a moment to tell someone you love them.
* Spend more time in nature!
* Always have something to look forward to! Book yourself a holiday!
* Being vulnerable is more powerful!
* If in doubt leave it out.
* Learn to enjoy your own company.
* Take time out to be still and allow space for those wonderfully unexpected moments!